Monday, August 17, 2026

Families of US sailors denounce Trump and Hegseth for ‘dismissing their experiences and calling them liars’

“I’m running very low on energy. I am burnt out,” he said in a separate text. 

In a third, he said: “I eat when I can. My coworkers make sure everyone in our unit eats and we all try to share food whenever someone gets more than normal. Keep praying for us. We are doing our best to make sure we protect our country and our families.” 

 The mother said that her son had been on many deployments with the navy. This was the first time that he had ever indicated a lack of food and other basic supplies. “Something genuinely wrong has happened,” she said… 

 “Our military deserve the best of the best,” she said. “They are fighting for our country, and the government has a duty to provide them with the basics. If they’re losing weight, that means you’re starving them.”…

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/aug/16/navy-families-denounce-trump-hegseth


 

No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.