Wednesday, June 8, 2016

This U.S. Senator Just Became The First Republican To Un-Endorse Donald Trump

Just hours after the Democratic Party of Illinois released a statement criticizing Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) for remaining silent about Donald Trump’s racist attack on a federal judge, Kirk took the bold step of un-endorsing his party’s presumptive presidential nominee.

Kirk, facing a tough fight with Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) to keep his Senate seat, released a statement saying, “While I oppose the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump’s latest statements, in context with past attacks on Hispanics, women and the disabled like me, make it certain that I cannot and will not support my party’s nominee for President regardless of the political impact on my candidacy or the Republican Party.”...
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/06/07/3785770/mark-kirk-unendorses-donald-trump/


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.