Thursday, August 18, 2016

Parting Shots: What I’ve Learned From Three Years With Americans United

Today is my last day with Americans United. Tomorrow, I move on to become the social media editor of the New Republic.

I’ve spent three years tracking the Religious Right full-time. There weren’t many surprises. I grew up in the movement; it educated me and trained me to join the ranks of America’s culture warriors. But there’s a difference between knowing the movement and understanding how to counter it.

Probably the most important fact I’ve learned is that it’s impossible to resist a movement like the Religious Right unless you form coalitions. The Religious Right itself realized this decades ago: Conservative Protestants joined hands with conservative Catholics and eventually Mormons in order to prevent the purported moral decline of America....
https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/parting-shots-what-i-ve-learned-from-three-years-with-americans-united


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.