Saturday, May 11, 2019

Don’t like the gym? Do these simple activities instead - The Washington Post

While writing this paragraph, I stood up and sat back down five times, swiveled a bunch in my chair, walked to the kitchen to make a pot of tea, brushed my dog, made my bed and performed at least six seated leg crisscrosses with my feet raised a good 12 inches off the floor. To the casual observer, this might look like a bad case of procrastination, but it all counts to boost my non-exercise activity thermogenesis, or NEAT, which is essentially the energy I burn when I’m not sleeping, eating, resting or deliberately exercising.....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/if-you-build-more-activity-into-your-day-you-might-be-able-to-skip-the-workout/2019/04/29/8755dd2a-61f1-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.