Monday, May 23, 2016

Hillary Clinton: "When I was secretary of state, I had a very high approval rating."

The 2016 presidential race may come down to a contest where the least unpopular candidate wins, with Democrat Hillary Clinton just three percentage points ahead of Republican Donald Trump in the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Both candidates have extraordinarily high disapproval ratings, a fact mentioned by Chuck Todd when he interviewed Clinton during the May 22 edition of Meet the Press. He wanted to know how she would get past her negative numbers.

Clinton argued that once she gets on a job, whether it's first lady, U.S. senator or secretary of state, she gets things done.

"So I have a track record. And I'm going to remind people of that. Because it's not just rhetoric, for me," she said. "When I was secretary of state, I had a very high approval rating, as you can go back and check. Because I was doing a job that people could see."...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/22/hillary-clinton/hillary-clintons-approval-rating-secretary-state-w/


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.