Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Common Core is 'education through Washington, D.C.,' Trump says

Billionaire Donald Trump repeated an often-used conservative attack that Common Core is a federal program, but it looks like he needs a refresher course on the origins of the education standards. The subject came up during a March 10, 2016, primary debate in Miami when CNN moderator Jake Tapper noted Trump had called the standards a disaster. "What are your specific objections to Common Core?" Tapper asked. "Education through Washington, D.C., I don’t want that," Trump replied. "I want local education, I want the parents and I want all of the teachers, and I want everybody to get together around a school and to make education great."...
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/10/donald-trump/common-core-education-through-washington-dc-trump-/


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.