Wednesday, October 2, 2024

The Christian Radicals Are Coming - The Atlantic

"I am not on the Earth to be blessed; I'm on the Earth to be armed and dangerous." He went on: "I am not on the Earth to feel good. I'm not on the Earth to do my own thing. I'm on this Earth as a God-appointed warrior in a dark time." 

That is what four days of carefully choreographed sermons and violent imagery had come to with only weeks to go before the presidential election. And just as the crowds had in Arizona, Michigan, and Georgia, people in Eau Claire cheered. They said amen, and then 2,000 Christian warriors headed into the Wisconsin evening, among them a young man named Josh Becker, a local who'd attended all four days. He said he felt inspired. He said he wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to do, only that "we have to do something—we have a role." 

"I believe the father is going to lead us through a dark time," he said, referring to the election and whatever God might require of him. "The Kingdom of God is now."…
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/10/eau-claire-tent-revival/680097/


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.