Sunday, March 5, 2017

GOP Rep Skipped Town Halls Because Of Disruption, 'Criminal Element'

A Republican congressman from Alabama said he would not hold town halls that were open to the public because of what he described as "different elements from the Democratic Party" who had disrupted his colleagues' events.

MSNBC’s Kate Snow asked Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) Monday why he had refused, as reported by AL.com, to hold any public town halls during the recent congressional recess.

“That gets into a definitional thing. What is a town hall?” Brooks asked. “I went to Huntsville High School in my district. I also went to a local company, Lasertel, and we had a town hall type format, where I give a Washington update and then questions and comments, whatever comes at me from people who are there.”...
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mo-brooks-town-hall



No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.