Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Can You Spot 10 Signs of a Childish Adult? In Candidates?

As a therapist who works primarily with couples, I have learned that almost any client can look reasonably adult when I meet with him or her individually. In politics that's like assessing a candidate in a town hall session where one candidate is the sole speaker.

Seeing the same therapy client in a couple therapy session gives me vastly more data. Mistaken, immature and pathological behaviors all become very visible when the spouses interact in front of me. That's how I feel when I watch the Presidential debates. I see very telling behaviors, especially about the extent to which each candidate's actions are rude, hurtful and dangerously childish--or calm, respectful, and maturely "Presidential."...
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/resolution-not-conflict/201603/can-you-spot-10-signs-childish-adult-in-candidates


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.