Wednesday, June 29, 2022

My Husband And I Are Trying To Start A Family. Six Months Ago, I Had An Abortion. | HuffPost HuffPost Personal

"…As fate would have it, I'm writing this mere hours after learning I am pregnant again. After two unsuccessful pregnancies, those two lines on the pregnancy test bring both trepidation and joy. The excitement of the possibility of growing our family cannot completely overpower the worry and fear of "what if." 
 What if I miscarry? What if there are medical issues? These are rational concerns, but ones that cannot be answered; Only time will tell. What I should not have to worry about is not having the right to make the decision that is best for myself and my family, should complications arise. I should not have to worry about losing autonomy over my body. I should not have to worry about losing my voice. I should not have to worry about losing my choice. No pregnant person should…"


No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.