Wednesday, June 29, 2022

I traveled to Jerusalem to face my fear of hell. - YouTube

"The valley of Gehenna in Jerusalem is synonymous with the Christian hell. I traveled there to overcome my fear of hell. "As I travel through Jerusalem, Israel, I discuss the history of hell in Christian tradition. I cover the philosophy of Plato, specifically Platonic dualism, the Jewish afterlife in the Old Testament, Second Temple Jewish apocalypticism, the hellenistic reinterpretation of Jesus' teachings, and more. When other ex-Christians and ex-Evangelicals ask how to stop being afraid of hell, I always recommend learning about the origins of hell in Christianity. Now I'll just share this video instead. "Locations shown here: The Western Wall (Wailing Wall) of the Second Jewish Temple, Mount Zion, the Mount of Olives, Damascus Gate, Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and the valley of Gehenna or gey ben Hinnom."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGvcRnlId4k

No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.