Thursday, April 25, 2019

Abigail Disney: It’s time to call out my family’s company - The Washington Post

This past weekend, I seem to have struck a nerve with a Twitter thread about wage inequality at the Walt Disney Co. — it is important to note that I speak only for myself and not for my family. The thread went viral, partly because of my name. But I suspect it would be far harder to get that reaction if my last name were Procter or Gamble. That’s because the Disney brand occupies a special place in our economic landscape. Its profits are powered by emotion and sentiment and, yes, something as fundamental as the difference between right and wrong. I believe that Disney could well lead the way, if its leaders so chose, to a more decent, humane way of doing business.....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-time-to-call-out-my-familys-company--and-anyone-else-rich-off-their-workers-backs/2019/04/23/5d4e6838-65ef-11e9-82ba-fcfeff232e8f_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment








Click Older Posts above to see more.